Verdicts & Settlements
New York City attorneys at Altier & Vogt have a record of success that exemplifies that we truly care about you. We have won many million-dollar verdicts for our clients over the years:
- $3,325,000 verdict for a railroad worker who was stuck by a discarded hypodermic needle while walking along the track bed (“fear of disease”).
- $2,887,370 verdict for a driver who sustained debilitating injuries to her neck and back after being struck by a Nassau County Police Car. Our NY auto accident attorneys successfully argued that the Police Officer was driving with a reckless disregard towards the safety of other motorists at the time of the accident and the County was therefore liable for the injuries he caused.
- $2,200,000 for a LIRR conductor injured at work due to defective train equipment.
- $1,851,171 verdict for a railroad conductor who suffered a severe head injury when he struck his head on a signal relay case that was positioned on a station platform. Using internal work rules and an expert witness, our NY railroad accident lawyers were able to show that PATH required its conductors to maintain a safe lookout of the platform as the train exited the station and that they were negligent in placing a signal relay case within inches of the edge of the platform.
- $1,700,000 verdict for a union employee who tripped and fell at a work site causing multiple herniated discs to his lower back.
- $1,500,000 for a railroad track worker who sustained serious knee injuries when he slipped and fell while working on the railroad tracks.
- $1,420,400 verdict for an individual who suffered smoke inhalation and pulmonary injuries as the result of fighting a fire on board a Metro-North locomotive.
- $832,000 verdict for an individual that sustained lower back injuries as a result of a fall at work due to inadequate lighting at the job site.
- $800,000 for a New York City firefighter who suffered respiratory and pulmonary injuries while fighting a fire at a historic Manhattan hotel due to a defective SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) and face piece.
- $700,000 for a New York City police officer injured in a car accident while responding to a radio call in Queens.
We can make a difference
From our office across from Penn Station, our New York City personal injury attorneys represent accident victims, including railroad workers and firefighters, throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Long Island.
Contact us for an honest evaluation of your case. Your initial consultation is free, and you pay no legal fees unless we recover on your behalf.